Midwives are experts in normal birth and adept at ensuring excellent outcomes for women and infants. The safety and benefits of midwifery care have been proven again and again in countries across the world, including the United States.
Midwives are the traditional care providers for mothers and infants. Midwives are trained professionals with expertise and skills in supporting women to maintain healthy pregnancies and have optimal births and recoveries during the postpartum period. Midwives provide women with individualized care uniquely suited to their physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs. Midwifery is a woman-centered empowering model of maternity care that is utilized in all of the countries of the world with the best maternal and infant outcomes such as The Netherlands, United Kingdom and Canada.
The Midwives Model of Care™ is a fundamentally different approach to pregnancy and childbirth than contemporary obstetrics. Midwifery care is uniquely nurturing, hands-on care before, during, and after birth. Midwives are health care professionals specializing in pregnancy and childbirth who develop a trusting relationship with their clients, which results in confident, supported labor and birth. While there are different types of midwives practicing in various settings, all midwives are trained to provide comprehensive prenatal care and education, guide labor and birth, address complications, and care for newborns. The Midwives Model of Care™ is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life events. The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- monitoring the physical, psychological and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle
- providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support
- minimizing technological interventions and
- identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention.
The application of this model has been proven to reduce to incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
(Midwives Model of Care definition is Copyrighted © by the Midwifery Task Force, all rights reserved)
Complete Midwifery Service includes
Informative and Compassionate
1 hour home visits (monthly visits until 28 weeks, biweekly visits from 28-36 weeks, weekly visits until delivery),
Intrapartum care (attendance from the establishment of active labor until at least 2 hours postpartum),
In Home Postpartum care (24hours postpartum 1week postpartum 2weeks postpartum and 6weeks postpartum
Blood draws or lab specimen collection (please be aware there is a separate fee charged by the lab for processing the labs unless you have Insurance)
24 hour availability via phone
Newborn care: with full newborn exam metabolic and CCHD screenings, the option of Vit-K and eye ointment if chossen weight checks, breastfeeding support.
- support in your right to a safe and natural birth, providing information that helps you make decisions best for your family.
- experience managing and monitoring normal pregnancies,
- a professional and healthy relationship with our mothers and family.
- prenatal appointments in the comfort of your home,.
- Ensuring the wellbeing of mother and baby during a safe delivery
- personalized emotional and physical support.
- Attention to your birth plan, working together as a team to facilitate the birth you envision.
- In the case of a high risk situation we will consultant with our consulting physician as necessary
- monitor and provide support and care the in the postpartum period for optimal transition and growth
Cost of service: Inquires please contact us via the Contact Us form.